Matt, our Head Coach, has had many successes over the years.
In the most recent summer of British and English Nationals, Matt helped swimmers to multiple finalists, a Silver at British and Gold and Bronze at English.
Performance 1 is for swimmers that are achieving Regional automatic times and are aspiring to National level swimming.
Aims & Aspirations
- European Senior and Junior
- Commonwealth, English International
- National/National Age Group qualifiers, medalists and champions
- National Record Holders
- England Talent programme swimmers
- Regional Finalists Champions, Qualifiers and Record Holders
- County Champions, Medalists and Finalists
- Swimmers 15 & over must maintain a minimum of 7 pool sessions a week (including at least 1 weekday morning) and 1 land training session.
- Swimmers 14 years must maintain a minimum of 6 pool sessions a week (including at least 1 weekday morning) and 1 land training session. On the swimmer’s 15th birthday, the swimmer will be asked to move to 7 sessions a week, with weekly reviews between parent/swimmer and the coach.
- Minimum Qualification: Swimmers who enter Performance 1 must have Multiple South East Regional Qualifying Times and be eligible to compete at the Youth Championships (1 Regional base time and 1 Automatic may be accepted at the discretion of the coach).
- Show great work ethic in all training sessions attended.
- Be a positive role model within the club, have great work ethic, be polite and give 100% in all attended session.
- Abide by the swimmer’s code of conduct.
- Be available for team competitions if selected.
Competitions (a minimum requirement)
Swimmers should compete in at least 6 competitions a season, which should include Berks and South Bucks County Championships & South East Regional Championships.
Swimmers who do not meet the minimum attendance or competition standard level will be asked to move to Elite Youth or Youth Squad, dependent on age and training performance standards.
The criteria above will be at the coaches discretion.
Your squad Rep is: Sally Dewsbury
Please contact Sally with any questions about training, galas and meets or general questions about the club.