Beth is a Level 2 Aquatics Teacher and is passionate about being in and on the water. She was a swimmer herself until she was 15 years old reaching National Level in Open Water, before transitioning to Rowing and achieving a World Championship Bronze Medal and European Championship Bronze Medal in 2017 for Great Britain! Beth enjoys coaching and due to her sporting background understands what it takes and has a technical eye for detail.
Development Squad is for swimmers aged 9-12 years old and are working towards County Championships.
- Swimmers aged 10-12 years old working towards County times.
- Good technique across all four strokes including, starts, turns and underwater. As well as working on stamina and endurance training.
- Must attend a minimum of 4 out of 5 pool sessions a week.
- Abide by the swimmer’s code of conduct.
- Competitions (a minimum requirement): Swimmers should compete in at least 6 competitions a season. Berks and South Bucks County Championships, at least 2 BWSC Level 3 Meet and 2 open meets if qualified and Club Championships. Being available for team competitions if selected.
Swimmers who do not meet the minimum attendance or competition standard level will be moved to Age Group Competitive dependent on age and training performance standards.
Promotion Criteria to Junior Performance
- Swimmers starting to compete at County standard.
- High attendance maintained, with good work ethic and good behaviour.
- Continual assessment of swimmer (test set).
- Attend competitions throughout the year and targeted meets.
- Promotion is at the discretion of the coaches.
The criteria above will be at the coaches discretion.
Your squad Rep is: Lynne Minehan
Please contact Lynne with any questions about training, galas and meets or general questions about the club.