Ceri Rance has 20 years’ experience in the Leisure Industry with a HND in Science and Management, as well as a Level 2 Coaching in Aquatics Award, Ceri has been teaching and coaching at BWSC for over 10 years and prides herself of taking the swimmers in development to their first county championships.
In 2016 over 65% of the Development squad achieved County Qualifying Standard times.
Swimming 6.5 hours per week, Ceri’s sessions are a mix of technical work across all four strokes as well as stamina and endurance training. Ceri’s main emphasis is around good technique including starts, turns and the all-important underwater phase.
Development Squad is for swimmers aged 9-12 years old and are working towards County Championships.
- Swimmers aged 10-12 years old working towards County times.
- Good technique across all four strokes including, starts, turns and underwater. As well as working on stamina and endurance training.
- Must attend a minimum of 4 out of 5 pool sessions a week.
- Abide by the swimmer’s code of conduct.
- Competitions (a minimum requirement): Swimmers should compete in at least 6 competitions a season. Berks and South Bucks County Championships, at least 2 BWSC Level 3 Meet and 2 open meets if qualified and Club Championships. Being available for team competitions if selected.
Swimmers who do not meet the minimum attendance or competition standard level will be moved to Age Group Competitive dependent on age and training performance standards.
Promotion Criteria to Junior Performance
- Swimmers starting to compete at County standard.
- High attendance maintained, with good work ethic and good behaviour.
- Continual assessment of swimmer (test set).
- Attend competitions throughout the year and targeted meets.
- Promotion is at the discretion of the coaches.
The criteria above will be at the coaches discretion.
Your squad Rep is: Maria Scott
Please contact Maria with any questions about training, galas and meets or general questions about the club.