The Additional Needs Coordinator role aims
- To be the confidential and sensitive link person between our young people with additional needs, their parents/carers, coaches and the club.
- To listen to the advice of the young person’s parents/carers and coach for successful strategies that work with the young person. To share these successful strategies with the young person, their parents/carers and coach.
- To be available to confidentially listen to the concerns of the young people with additional needs, their parents/carers and the club. This helps those involved to know that their specific needs are being addressed with sensitivity and confidentiality.
- To research and make available relevant swimming specific training for BWSC coaches. To take part in relevant swimming specific training and relay this training to BWSC coaches.
Victoria has completed the following relevant Institute of Swimming and UK Coaching training
- Introduction to Disability Swimming
- Deaf Friendly Swimming
- Visually Impaired Friendly Swimming
- Introduction to Para-Swimming
- Equality and diversity
- Data protection
- Safeguarding Deaf and Disabled module
- MIND Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity
- Inclusive Activity Programme
- Duty to Care Toolkit
[faq style=accordion group=additional-needs]