Foundation Squad Coach: Bradley Staight
Swimmers in Foundation also start to get that competitive edge by competing in internal galas as well as level 3 open meets and aspiring to County level standard.
- Swimmers are aged 8-11 years old in Foundation and aspire to County standard.
- Strive to attend a minimum of 3 pool sessions a week.
- Monitored on all strokes, starts, turns and underwater and have good skills.
- Abide by the swimmer’s code of conduct.
- Be available for team competitions if selected.
Swimmers who are unable to fully commit to the programme will be advised to join the Bracknell Leisure Centre Learn to swim / Keep fit programme as an alternative.
Competitions (minimum requirement)
Swimmers should compete regularly at BWSC Club Champs, inter club galas (if selected), BWSC internal galas and start to compete at level 3 open meets.
Criteria for promotion to Development Squads
- Attendance very high if wanting to move up to Development Blue and White.
- Compete at competitions and start to compete at level 3 open meets.
- Good skills on all four strokes, starts, turns and underwater
- Aspire to County Standard level
- Promotion is at the discretion of the coaches
Your squad Rep is: Nicola Philips
Please contact Nicola with any questions about training, galas and meets or general questions about the club.