Bob is an extremely qualified coach, gaining his level 3 club coaches award in 1989.
Bob is a qualified Army PTI and motivated his army recruits at Gibraltar Barracks.
All of Bob’s swimmers are aged 13 years and above and all have come through BWSC competitive and performance pathways. Bob challenges his swimmers to achieve to the best of their ability whilst juggling school and other sports activities, all his swimmers are very experienced at competing at all levels and are still expecting to compete.
Youth Performance is for swimmers 14-18 years old that are not able to commit to the expectations of Performance 1 due to requirements of other sports and activities. Swimmers in Youth Performance must have multiple Counties times and /or Regional Base Times and aspiring to gain Regional Automatic Times.
Squad Criteria, Aims & Aspirations.
- Attendance should be a minimum of 4 sessions out of 6 and try to include 1 early morning during the week.
- Show great work ethic in all training sessions attended.
- Be a positive role model within the club, have great work ethic, be polite and give 100% in all the sessions you attend.
- Abide by the swimmer’s code of conduct.
- Be available for team competitions if selected.
Competitions (minimum requirement)
Swimmers should compete in at least 6 competitions a season, which must include Berks and South Bucks County Championships, BWSC Club Champs, BWSC Level 3 County and Regional Meets.
Transfer to Performance 1 will be possible if a swimmer is able to increase commitment and meet the criteria for Performance 1.
Criteria for promotion to Masters
- Must be 17/18 years old for Masters.
- Must have multiple County times.
- Attend a minimum of 4 training sessions.
- Promotion is at the discretion of the coaches.
Swimmers who are unable to fully commit to the programme will be advised to join the Bracknell Leisure Centre Learn to swim / Keep fit programme as an alternative.
The criteria above will be at the coaches discretion.
Your squad Rep is: Helen Thompson
Please contact Helen with any questions about training, galas and meets or general questions about the club.