Our Youth Performance 1 squad is for swimmers who have achieved 1 Regional base times and one 1 Regional Qualifying time and are aspiring to National Level swimming.
We have a strong emphasis on long course training and structured land training including weights and free form aerobic exercise.
Nigel Willis, our head Coach, has had successes at both National and International level and in 2016 he took a swimmer to the World Short Course Championships in Canada, and 3 swimmers to national winter championships, producing 3 finalist at Nationals, and a Welsh National champion.
- Competing at Regional level, aspiring to National Level
- Swimmers to have at least 1 Regional base time and 1 Regional Qualifying Time
- Continual assessment of training requirements to include test sets
- Must attend a minimum of 65% of the total training hours to include one early morning training session (mid-week). Swimmers must attend at least one land training sessions per week unless prior agreement with the squad coach.
- Abide by the swimmer’s code of conduct
Your squad Rep is: Sian Jones
Please contact Sian with any questions about training, galas and meets or general questions about the club.