Pre Development Squad is about enjoying competitive swimming. The squad focuses on fundamental technique & skills across all four strokes and is an introductory to challenging training sets. Swimmers are between 9-11 years olds.
- Competent and legal technique on all four strokes plus 100m IM. This also includes starts, turns and underwater phases.
- Working towards County Standard and start to introduce/compete in Club Championships and level 3 open meets. Qualify in at least 2 strokes and 100m IM in the Bracknell & Wokingham level 3 open meets.
- Must attend a minimum of 3 out of 4 pool sessions a week, ideally all sessions if possible.
- Aspire to be a performance swimmer at a minimum of County Standard, meet the physical training requirements and have a positive mental attitude towards swimming.
- Abide by the swimmer’s code of conduct.
Swimmers who do not meet the minimum attendance or competition standard level will be moved to Foundation 1 or their membership will not be renewed.
Promotion Criteria to Development
- Achieve first County time or have the potential to achieve County times.
- Participate in Level 3 open meets and Club Championships.
- Continual assessment on all four strokes and if swimmers meet physical training requirements.
- Promotion is at the discretion of the coaches.
The criteria above will be at the coaches discretion.
Your squad Rep is: TBA
Please contact TBA with any questions about training, galas and meets or general questions about the club.