Anthony is a level 3 aquatic coach and has 19 years of experience in coaching swimming, he has held positions as Head Coach and is a Teacher of Special Needs Children during the day.
Anthony’s prides himself of taking swimmers from pre-County standard through to Regionals in a short period of time, most of his swimmers are between the ages of 10 and 13 years and therefore a core understanding of the four strokes as well as turns and starts is paramount.
Anthony spends a lot of time progressing the key technical phases of the strokes including starts and turns, concentrating on the underwater phases and transitions into stroke which make the difference when racing at the top level.
Anthony has had successes in 2016, taking over 78% of his squad to County and Regional level and one of his swimmers representing Great Britain in the European Downs Syndrome Championships.
Swimmers in Junior Performance are age 10-13 years old and are aiming to achieve County qualifying times and starting to work towards Regional level swimming.
- Swimmers 10-13 years and competing at County standard level or starting to work towards Regionals.
- Good work ethic, attendance and skills on starts, turns and all four strokes.
- Swimmers should strive to attend a minimum of 4-5 pool sessions a week for 10/11 year olds (including 1 weekday morning).
- Swimmers should strive to attend a minimum of 5-6 pool sessions a week for 12/13 year olds (including 1 weekday morning).
- Abide by the swimmer’s code of conduct.
- Competitions (a minimum requirement):Swimmers should compete in at least 6 competitions a season. Berks and South Bucks County Championships, South East Regional Championships, at least 2 BWSC Level 3 Meet and 2 open meets and Cub Championships. Being available for team competitions if selected.
- Be available for team competitions if selected
Swimmers who do not meet the minimum attendance or competition standard level will be moved to Age Group Competitive or Youth Competitive dependent on age and training performance standards.
Promotion Criteria to Age Group Performance
- Swimmers have at least one 100m County time and have the potential to be able to work towards Regional standard.
- High attendance maintained including a Thursday morning with good work ethic and behaviour.
- Continual assessment of swimmer (test set).
- Attend competitions throughout the year and targeted meets.
- Promotion is at the discretion of the coaches.
The criteria above will be at the coaches discretion
Your squad Rep is: Jane Bacon
Please contact Jane with any questions about training, galas and meets or general questions about the club.
[ai1ec cat_name=”Junior Performance”]