Anthony is a level 3 aquatic coach and has 19 years of experience in coaching swimming, he has held positions as Head Coach and is a Teacher of Special Needs Children during the day.
Anthony’s prides himself of taking swimmers from pre-County standard through to Regionals in a short period of time, most of his swimmers are between the ages of 10 and 13 years and therefore a core understanding of the four strokes as well as turns and starts is paramount.
Anthony spends a lot of time progressing the key technical phases of the strokes including starts and turns, concentrating on the underwater phases and transitions into stroke which make the difference when racing at the top level.
Anthony has had successes in 2016, taking over 78% of his squad to County and Regional level and one of his swimmers representing Great Britain in the European Downs Syndrome Championships.
- Competing at L3/L2 open meets, club Championships and inter club galas (if selected).
- Aim to attend all sessions with a minimum requirement of 4 sessions per week (60%)
- Achieve county qualifying times or expected to achieve county standard and working towards Regional Level
- Abide by the swimmer’s code of conduct
- Continual assessment of swimmer to meet training requirements
- Aim to attend all sessions with a minimum requirement of 4 sessions per week (60%).
- Achieve county qualifying times or expected to achieve county standard and working towards regional level
- Promotion is at the discretion of coaches