Georgie is one of our newest coaches, gaining her level 2 teaching aquatics award in 2016.
Georgie has swam with BWSC for 10 years, reaching the top squad by the age of 13; swimming herself in many county and regional competitions. Her experience swimming at this high level has given her the knowledge to relate and also motivate her young swimmers and guide them through the first stages of competitive swimming.
All of Georgie’s swimmers come from our swim academy and therefore she has seen a number of them progress through the stages before taking them to their first competitions.
Georgie’s aim is to develop her swimmers into competent squad swimmers, working on fundamental skills such as tumble turns, streamlining and dives. She also aims to take swimmers through their first competitions at both internal meets and level 3 meets, as well as inter club galas. Most of Georgie’s swimmers are aged between 8 and 9 years of age.
- Competing at Club Championships and inter club galas (if selected) and introducing L3 Open Meets. Aspire to county standard
- Aim to attend all sessions with a minimum requirement of 2 sessions per week (60%) with the coaches’ discretion
- Abide by the swimmer’s code of conduct
- Continual assessment of swimmer to meet training requirements
- Participate in Club Championships, Level 3 open Meets
- Promotion is at the discretion of coaches