I am an ex-competitive swimmer who used to swim with the club to a Regional level. I began swimming at Bracknell Leisure Centre and transitioned into the club quite late (11 years old) but managed to reach Youth Performance Squad and compete regularly.
After swimming for the club for 5 years, I hung my goggles up in early 2017. Instead, I decided to pursue a new career in swimming teaching/coaching.
Prior to taking on Foundation 1, I had been teaching in Bracknell’s Academy; working with stages 6, 7, 8 and the pre-squads, gaining experience for almost a year and a half.
Foundation 1 is many swimmers first step into competitive swimming, where skills that have been learned from the Swim Academy are built on, swimmers start to get that competitive edge and start competing at level 3 open meets and continue to compete at our own internal meets.
- Swimmers are aged 10- under 12 years old in Foundation 1.
- Compete regularly at Club Championships, inter club galas (if selected), Bracknell & Wokingham’s own internal galas and start/ must to compete at level 3 meets.
- Swimmers should aim for an average of 2 sessions per week but 3 sessions is preferred.
- Have good skills on starts, turns, streamlining and all four strokes and aiming to improve on all of these.
- Abide by the swimmer’s code of conduct.
Swimmers who do not meet the minimum attendance or competition standard level will be moved to another suitable squad or their membership will not be renewed.
Promotion Criteria to Age Group Competitive
- Compete at competitions and must compete at level 3 meets.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Good skills and legal strokes and continual assessment.
- Promotion is at the discretion of the coaches
The criteria above will be at the coaches discretion.
Your squad Rep is: Pending
Please contact your rep with any questions about training, galas and meets or general questions about the club.