Matt, our head Coach has had successes at British and English National level in the summer of 2017 producing 4 National finalists in multiple events, a Bronze medallist and a National Champion.
He has also helped two swimmers qualify for British Championships in March 2018
Elite 1 is for swimmers that have achieved Regional automatic times and aspiring to National level swimming.
- Swimmers 15 & Over must maintain a minimum of 7 pool sessions a week (including 1 weekday morning) and a minimum of 1 land training session.
- Swimmers 14 years (& under) must maintain a minimum of 6 pool sessions a week (including 1 weekday morning) and 1 land training session. On the swimmers 15th birthday the swimmers will be asked to move to a minimum of 7 sessions a week, with weekly/monthly reviews, between parent/ swimmer and the coach.
- Minimum Qualification: Swimmers who enter Elite 1 must have at least two South East Regional Qualifying Times and compete at the Youth Championships. Regional times will be based on ages as at 31st December of the qualifying year. (1 Regional base time and 1 Automatic time may be accepted at the discretion of the coach)
- Show great work ethic in all training sessions attended.
- Abide by the swimmer’s code of conduct.
- Competitions (a minimum requirement): Swimmers should compete in at least 6 competitions a season, which should include Berks and South Bucks County Championships & South East Regional Championships.
Swimmers who do not meet the minimum attendance or competition standard level will be asked to move to Elite Youth or Youth Squad, dependent on age and training performance standards.
The criteria above will be at the coaches discretion.
Your squad Rep is: Sian Jones
Please contact Sian with any questions about training, galas and meets or general questions about the club.