Claire has been a competitive swimmer all her life and still swims and competes for our Masters squad, gaining her Level 2 Coaching Aquatics award in 2015 she is a professional swimming teacher, teaching at a number of swim schools throughout the Bracknell area.
Claire prides herself on offering a competitive and challenging stream of swimming to her squad who range from 12-15 years of age. All her swimmers compete at level 3 meets and internal competitions, she has helped two swimmers achieve a county qualifying standard in 2016 both for the 100m freestyle. Technique and commitment to swimming is of paramount importance to Claire, often helping swimmers balance their out of swimming activities, many of her swimmers juggle many sports to county or above standard. Claire offers that personalised and friendly understanding of teenagers whilst still pushing them to achieve to the best of their ability.
Age Group Competitive
Age Group Competitive is for swimmers ranging from 12-14 years of age and are aspiring to be County level swimmers whilst also taking part in many other sports and activities.
With Guidance from the AGC Coach:
- Compete in at least 2 Bracknell & Wokingham level 3 Meets.
- Compete in the Club Championships and inter club galas (Guidance from AGC Coach).
- Compete in at least 1 open meet throughout the year and compete in at least 2 BWSC Level 3 Meets
- Being available for team competitions if selected. (Guidance from AGC Coach)
- Swimmers should attend a minimum of 2 out of 3 sessions per week.
- Good technique, enjoyment and commitment when swimming.
- Abide by the swimmer’s code of conduct.
Swimmers who do not meet the minimum attendance, competition standard level or training approach will not be invited to renew their memberships. There may be a place for swimmers in the Bracknell Leisure Centre, Everyone Active Junior Fitness.
Promotion Criteria to Development or Youth Competitive
- Good Skills.
- Continual assessment of swimmer (test set).
- 3 sessions completed at a high standard.
- County Consideration times.
The criteria above will be at the coaches discretion.