Claire is a professional swimming teacher and coach, having taught with BWSC Academy for a number of years before taking on her own squad, AGC. Claire prides herself on offering a competitive and challenging stream of swimming to her squad who range from 12-14 years of age. Her swimmers are encouraged to compete at both external and BWSC L3 meets and internal competitions. Whilst commitment to BWSC is very important, AGC training allows swimmers to balance swimming with other sporting activities. Training sets involve a balance of stroke technique, starts, turns and finishes, stamina and race preparation, pushing swimmers to achieve to the best of their ability.
Age Group Competitive
Age Group Competitive is for swimmers ranging from 12-14 years of age and are aspiring to be County level swimmers whilst also taking part in many other sports and activities.
With Guidance from the AGC Coach:
- Compete in at least 2 Bracknell & Wokingham level 3 Meets.
- Compete in the Club Championships and inter club galas (Guidance from AGC Coach).
- Compete in at least 1 open meet throughout the year and compete in at least 2 BWSC Level 3 Meets
- Being available for team competitions if selected. (Guidance from AGC Coach)
- Swimmers should attend a minimum of 2 out of 3 sessions per week.
- Good technique, enjoyment and commitment when swimming.
- Abide by the swimmer’s code of conduct.
Swimmers who do not meet the minimum attendance, competition standard level or training approach will not be invited to renew their memberships. There may be a place for swimmers in the Bracknell Leisure Centre, Everyone Active Junior Fitness.
Promotion Criteria to Development or Youth Competitive
- Good Skills.
- Continual assessment of swimmer (test set).
- 3 sessions completed at a high standard.
- County Consideration times.
The criteria above will be at the coaches discretion.
Your squad Rep is: Helen Thompson
Please contact Helen with any questions about training, galas and meets or general questions about the club.