Additional Needs Coordinator Role
- To be the confidential and sensitive link person between our young people with additional needs, their parents/carers, coaches and the club.
- To keep a database of the additional needs of our young people to be kept in accordance with BWSC Safeguarding and data protection regulations.
- To listen to the parents/carers advice for successful strategies that work with their young person with additional needs. To relate these successful strategies back to the young person’s coach.
- To be available to confidentially listen to the concerns of the young people with additional needs, their parents/carers and the club. This helps those involved to know that their specific needs are being addressed with sensitivity and confidentiality.
- To research and make available relevant swimming specific training for BWSC coaches. To take part in relevant swimming specific training and relay this training to BWSC coaches.