Our Stage 7+ group is aimed at swimmers ages 8 – 9 years. This is a small group to ensure we can offer the highest level of teaching and corrections, building on the criteria of Stage 7 to perfect technique, starts and turns.
Stage 7+ swimmers will require the following equipment:
- Kick Board
- Pull Buoy
- Bracknell & Wokingham Swimming Club Hat
- Drink (water)
- Short/mid length flippers
(Swimmers with no drink will not be allowed to train due to the intensity and length of the sessions)
Stage 7+ Criteria
- Perform a 75m length of well-timed freestyle with a strong leg kick, arms switching with good timing and correct breathing throughout with tumble turns.
- Perform 75m of backstroke starting with a streamlined push and glide on back from two feet (alternate arm pull down) straight arm recovery and good body position throughout, correct pitch for hand entry and finish on back with tumble turns.
- Perform 75m Breaststroke showing correct timing and a legal stroke. Pull, kick, stretch timing throughout the 3 lengths and two-handed finish, with correct touch turns and underwater phases.
- Perform a legal breaststroke underwater phase, holding each section for 3 counts out to past 5m.
- Perform 25m of Butterfly full stroke with arms clearing the water on every arm pull, demonstrate breathing every 1 and every 3 strokes.
- Perform 50m of streamlined kick for ALL strokes (individually) maintaining good body position.
- Perform a safe, sitting, standing and racing (track start) dive into deep water, with a streamlined underwater phase for all strokes to the 7m mark.
- Understand and perform finishes for all 4 strokes at speed.
- Perform coordinated backstroke and freestyle tumble turns, and butterfly and breaststroke touch turns.
- Perform 150m of freestyle continuously, maintaining technique and skills.
- Perform 200m of streamlined kick, through the IM, demonstrating a knowledge of IM turns.
Swimmers in this group are invited to race in the termly Mini Meet.